Friday, May 27, 2011

Life Changes



On June 16, 2010 my life changed with vigor. On that day I had to undergo a four bypass open heart surgery. Everything went well and physicially I did very well but so many changes happened due to medical condition that I went into the deep well with emoitons and mental. The surgery ended up being more complex than I had expected, and the recovery was and still is a battle. The changes were that my whole being was being was caught up with the healing process. I was forced to close a 19 year long professional photography studio and business. This broke my sore heart because I was not ready to close down, much less retire. However, sometimes we just don't have any control of what we must go through. I tried to continue serving in leadership in the church, however my doctors ordered me to not be taking on any stress. First I tried to just resign, but the stress continued, so I had to leave the church. This was another heart breaker, however I also understood that God was leading me to do that.



As I moved away from the stressful situations in my life, and started to find that it is good to take breaks, rest, nap and take photo's just for me, that I begain to heal mentally.



Now, Jan and I go to coffee every morning where we visit with other people and are developing new and better friends. One is assisting me in starting a Bible Study group where me meet once a week in the old studio. We often go out to eat with these new friends and just have a good time visiting and talking.



Changes in life, sometimes it hurts but for me, the changes have been necessary. Now from time to time I can work in the yard like I did 10 years back, go camping, take special nature photos and just step back and watch the red birds sing and dance.

No comments: